Experience of an JEE aspirant

Well people i gave JEE-2008 on 13th April 2008.

I will now describe my experience to u all so that it can help you tackel JEE better.

I will now rewind the clock to April 2006 when i joined Naryana IIT Academy for preparing for the D-Day in 2008.

I began taking classes at Narayana quite seriously in the process neglecting my school studies,but i was not able to do well anywhere niether at narayana nor at my school that was untill a major test took place at narayana and that was the time i started believing in myself that i can really crack JEE.But soon self beliefe turned into overconfidence and for nearly 3 months whatever was taught at narayana, I did not revise at home.

Result--->1.I did horribly in the second major test at Narayana.

2.I got an early wake up call.

I now realised that cracking JEE might not be that easy after all.I began to work seriously and thus came out with flying colours in the third test.

By the time the fourth test came I was in 12th standard and thus came a period of STRESS,TENSIONS because my performance at school dipped to horribly low levels which were unacceptable,but all these circumstances failed to deter me from giving it my all to JEE. I kept on working for JEE and my performance in my school exams kept dipping. Soon the pre-boards arrived and I left my JEE preparation aside for some time.I did OK in my pre-boards.

Come February 2008 and i started to prepare in the earnest for my Board Examinations and side by side giving some time to JEE. February passed of quite nicely since i was at home 24X7

and March came. The whole month of March went by with out me giving a single minute to JEE preparation.

Finally on the D-Day had arrived.The day i had been waiting for the past 2 years had arrived.

Now i will reveal 1 thing here I HATED MATHS and thus it was my weak point in JEE.



Soon we were seated in the examination halls and were about to write the so called "Toughest Exam on Earth".

The clock started ticking and as soon as i opened the paper i was in for a shock.The first section was Maths and this is the point which i think was the turning point and made the difference b/w me qualifying JEE and loosing out by 9 marks.

I lost my cool as soon as i saw maths first because i had been adapted to Physics first then chemistry(My strongest of the three) and last abut here JEE had sprung up a surprise.

Suddenly the paper became so tough that i was on the verge of tears and had done just 2 questions in 45-50 mins. I had made a mistake here in my eagerness to do the paper i forgot that i should have turned to chemistry straight away rather than wasting my time with maths.But i was already rattled enough and after three hours i was sure it was the end of my dream.

The Second paper brought some respite and it went of well since i was mentally prepared for shocks and surprises. But the damage had been done right in the first paper.



Lessons to be learnt from my experience

1.Never EVER be overconfident about your chances at JEE and during the two years you prepare for it.

2.NEVER divert your attention from your school studies.School is equally important

3.NEVER leave any of your subject weak.It will drag you down.Give equal importance to all subjects.

4.BE prepared for shocks in JEE.Every year they will spring up a surprise and try to throw you off balance in the exam hall.


5.NEVER loose your cool.

6.Say to yourself "If I can't who will??"

i hope you like this jee Experience

Resource Taken From Technical Education in india

No comments: